Onlinecasinos365.com aims toward full transparency, and a fair Cookies Policy is a major step to that end. Our experts will introduce you to the subject, teach you how cookies may affect you, and list the main types of cookies we use on our site.
What Are Cookies?
What do cookies do?
The leading utility of cookies is to “remember” where you left off during your last visit and across multiple visits, particularly your settings and browsing history.
Cookies collect information
- IP and browser
- Devices used
- Type of connection
- Account data (if applicable)
- Recent browsing history
- Extended traffic log
- Language settings
Cookies are not sensitive data per se, but marketers may use them to obtain behavioural profiles of users. That, in turn, may facilitate targeted advertising, with which some NZ players will not agree.
Necessary and unnecessary cookies
Certain cookies are indispensable if you want a site to work correctly. But which cookies are essential to a website varies from one type to another.
For example, turn off the necessary cookies for an online shop. In that case, you might unknowingly disable the shopping cart function, making it impossible to purchase anything.
Optional cookies for a better user experience
However, most cookies are optional and only aim to improve the user experience. In this case, opting out does not pose a risk of malfunction, but no reward either, as navigation is likely to be hampered by UX glitches.
We do not provide an option to set up cookie preferences for necessary/optional cookies. Still, that should not worry you. It only means that we use a limited number of cookies, which is actually beneficial for your privacy.
The following paragraphs will shed some light on which types of cookies we use and why we use them.
These refer to cookies that enable the basic functionality of our website.
For example, the WordPress cookies listed in the section below are essential for backend editing and differentiation between regular visitors and our authors.
Session cookies are the ‘short-term memory’ of a website. They are not written to disk but remain in a temporary folder until your visit ends. Then, they are automatically deleted.
Details we obtain from session cookies
- When you visit our site
- What pages you visited on that occasion
Persistent cookies are called this because they end up on your hard drive and stay on your computer for longer.
In theory, they will remain on your HDD permanently. Still, in practice, the limit might be their expiry date – 1 day to several years – or when the user chooses to wipe their browsing history.
Persistent cookies have a role in monitoring our subscriptions, but it’s limited.
Wherever you are asked to create an account, for instance at online casinos, you can expect to encounter persistent cookies. Check the Cookies Policy on that website to stay on the safe side.
How persistent cookies streamline browsing
- Saving your login credentials
- Remembering your settings
Sensitive data must not be stored in this type of cookie.
Cookies associated with domains other than the one you are browsing on are called third-party cookies.
We use Google Analytics and Optinmonster to monitor user behaviour, optimise accordingly and thus improve engagement rates with our players.
Cookies embedded in third-party content may also be called third-party cookies. They can be set in banners, ads, images and other media.
Many browsers let you block third-party cookies from the Settings, including Chrome, Mozilla and Safari.
Types of Third-Party Cookies We Use
|Google Analytics||Set by Google with the primary benefit of analysing user behaviour.|
|Optinmonster||Cookies that allow us to tailor our campaigns and track our marketing success, for instance, by counting conversions. They also show whether a new reader becomes a recurring reader through these.|
|WordPress||Administrative cookies that are relevant mainly to us as web developers. Such cookies establish if a user is a visitor or site admin.|
Expiry time for Google Analytics cookies
- _gid – google analytics: available for 1 day.
- _gat_gtag_UA_108472793_1- google analytics: expires in 1 minute
- _ga – google analytics: 1 year
Google Analytics cookies do not reveal our readers’ online identity in any way.
Expiry time for Optinmonster cookies
- [random]-countdown-element – optinmonster: 15 min
- [random]-topeka-countdown-element – optinmonster: 15 min
- [random]-baltimore-countdown-element – optinmonster: 15 min
- om-[random] – optinmonster: 1 month
- _omappvs – optinmonster: end of session
- _omappvp – optinmonster: 10 years
WordPress cookies’ expiry time
- WordPress_test_cookie: end of session
- WordPress_logged_in_[random]: end of session
- WordPress_[random] – wp logged: end of session
- Wp-settings – editor back: 1 year
How Your Preferences Affect Performance
Our readers can delete all cookies from Onlinecasinos365 in their browser settings. Yet, before you turn them off ultimately, you should consider the potential drawbacks:
- Browsing may slow down because the user has to select their options every time.
- You might not receive pop-up notifications with our exclusive bonuses.
- Your subscription details might not be stored correctly, or the newsletter may malfunction.
How to Manage Cookies
- If you’re visiting for the first time, a prompt in the lower left corner of your screen will inform you about our cookies. If you consent to our Cookies Policy, tap ‘OK’.
- When you wish to opt out from the cookies we set, go to your browser’s Settings and find Privacy (or something similar). You should see an option to delete cookies for one, multiple or all websites in your history.
- If you’re visiting from an Incognito tab, third-party cookies might be blocked automatically in browsers like Chrome and Safari.
Data Protection Measures
Here, it suffices to say that our methods for processing your sensitive information are perfectly legal:
- If you do not explicitly consent, we never disclose your sensitive info to online casinos, advertisers or third parties.
- We grant users the right to access, modify and delete any data we have on them.
- We only delete your requested information if you ask us to do so.
- We protect your unique identifiers, such as your e-mail address, full name, health index number, etc.
- We always anonymise any survey information our users provide.
- While we employ various third-party cookies, we ensure they do not have direct access to your sensitive info.
- We do not set cookies without permission.
As per the law, we need explicit consent from you, which means a measurable, clearly-defined action. At Onlinecasinos365, this positive action is tapping the relevant ‘OK’ button when the cookie permission prompt emerges.
Updates on the Cookies Policy
Our Policy must reflect the latest developments, so agreeing to it implies that you are aware we might modify or update it from time to time.
Yet, any adjustment will still be made following the Privacy Act 2022 and NZ Gambling Act 2003.
Our subscribers will be notified by e-mail of any changes made to this Policy and we will ask you to renew your agreement.
Find More about Cookies
If you send us your privacy-related questions by mail or use the contact form, ensure the subject line includes “Privacy”. Thus, your message is automatically redirected to our data protection officer, who will provide a comprehensive answer promptly.