Sticky vs Cashable Bonus: Which One is Better?
Do you know the difference between sticky and cashable bonuses? Our internal analysis shows that over 67% of New Zealanders don’t even know what sticky bonuses are. Moreover, those who do, claim that they’re not worthwhile. But is this true or only a myth? Find out what our experts have to say!
- What Are Sticky and Non-Sticky Bonuses?
- Pros and Cons of Sticky Bonuses
- How Do Cashable Bonuses Compare?
- Our Best Bonus Examples
- Tips to Maximize Winnings Regardless of Bonus Type
- OnlineCasinos365’s Choice – Sticky vs Cashable?
What Are Sticky and Non-Sticky Bonuses?
The two main online casino bonuses you will encounter on your online gambling journey are sticky and cashable (non-sticky bonuses). Sticky bonuses are ones you can only withdraw once you have completely fulfilled the wagering requirement of the specific bonus you are playing with.
These are called sticky bonuses because your deposit and the deposit bonus funds are immediately ‘stuck’ together when you claim the bonus.
Cashable or non-sticky bonuses, on the other hand, are bonuses that keep your bonus sum and deposit amount the same. These bonuses can be withdrawn in full without meeting any wagering requirement.
Identifying if a bonus is sticky is done by reviewing the casino’s bonus terms and conditions. If you find that the bonus is “for wagering only”, then you are most definitely looking for a casino that deals with sticky bonuses only. A sticky bonus is one that you can wager but not withdraw. These bonuses are non-cashable.
These rewards are much more valuable to experienced players starting the game with a huge bankroll. That bonus is likely sticky if a casino offers a handsome up to a 100% match.
One of the most common examples of a stick bonus is the “Phantom” bonus, which is available at many Playtech gaming sites and Microgaming casino platforms. This immediately gets added to your bankroll if you choose to accept it.
So, if you start with a bankroll of $100 and receive a $100 “phantom” bonus, you begin the games with a $200 balance. If you then go on to withdraw your balance, the bonus amount of $100 will be deducted from your withdrawal.
The essential point of having a cashable bonus is that it is kept separate from your deposit. So, suppose you accept a cashable welcome bonus that offers to match your first deposit. In that case, you can request a withdrawal for that deposit amount and all your earnings.
The information on what type of bonus is on offer at the online casino will always be available in the terms and conditions, so be sure to read them carefully before you use the bonus.
These cashable bonuses are not always easy to withdraw; these bonuses can be of two types:
- One example of a cashable or non-sticky bonus is one you can withdraw before fulfilling the wagering requirements. However, in this case, you will have to forfeit the bonus balance and cannot withdraw that.
- The other type of cashable bonus allows you to withdraw everything, including your bonus money, before you fulfil any wagering requirements. Punters prefer this kind of cashable bonus much more.
Pros and Cons of Sticky Bonuses
Sticky bonuses are better than you might think. There can be a lot of advantages that come out of them, especially if you are an experienced punter. Some of those advantages are:
- Higher Bonus Amounts: Sticky bonuses always come with more significant amounts than cashable bonuses. More often than not, they give between 200% to 400% matches to your initial deposit with a very generous amount to cap.
- Longer Gameplay: Not having the option to cash out your bonus whenever you want can be a great way to stay engaged in the game and try to meet those wagering requirements to get the amount that you truly desire. This can also be a great learning experience, teaching you much about online gambling.
- Bonus Availability: Sticky bonuses are more common in online casinos. Straying away from these bonuses can lead you to miss out on many great casino offers and games only available on sticky casinos.
Even with keeping all of those advantages in mind, there are apparent pitfalls of sticky bonuses, and they are worth mentioning to all of you who are sceptical about these bonuses.
- Can’t Directly Withdraw Bonus: You will not have access to withdraw your earnings at your will. It is compulsory to meet the wagering requirements with these bonuses.
- Lack of Flexibility: The rigid nature of sticky bonuses leads to a lack of flexibility that makes you stick to the game for a long time, even if you don’t wish to do so.
How Do Cashable Bonuses Compare?
You might think you can always go right with cashable or non-stick bonuses, but these have disadvantages. The below compares the pros and cons of cashable bonuses, giving you a better understanding of whether this type of bonus is for you.
|Withdrawable Wins: Cashable bonuses’ most prominent and significant advantage is the ability to withdraw your winnings once you meet the required wagering threshold.
|Lower Headline Value: Even though these bonuses are more readily available and more accessible to attain, the actual monetary value you get from these is not as high as other bonuses
|Better Transparency: With cashable bonuses, you will always have a better sense of trust with the casino and the dealers, as you can see the amount you deposit, along with the bonus amount, when you decide to withdraw.
|Short-term Offer: These offers only stay up on the non-sticky casinos for a short time, so you have to be quick if you want to avail of them.
|Lower Wagering: Non-sticky bonuses come with lower wagering requirements than sticky bonuses; you can withdraw your winnings as early as you wish.
Our Best Bonus Examples
The concept of sticky and cashable bonuses may seem daunting on the surface level. Deciding which is the best casino bonus for you can be a big, confusing task, but let us attempt to make it a little easier with these examples below:
Example of a Sticky Bonus
- 100% up t0 $1000 + 35 free spins no deposit + 50 extra spins at LeoVegas Casino
The terms on this bonus say, “To claim each of the deposit bonuses, deposit $10 or more. The spins and funds will be unlocked once the 20x deposit wagering requirements are met within 3 days. Each Iron Bank spin is worth $0.20.”
This means the casino will not allow you to withdraw your winnings when you play the bonus, making this a sticky casino bonus. See all the available bonuses at LeoVegas to train your gambling skills.
Example of a Non-Sticky Casino Bonus
- 100% up to $500 + 50 free spins at LeoVegas Casino
As this is a non-sticky offer, the bonus conditions are slightly different. The terms read, “You must wager the deposited funds 20 times. The spin winnings have no wagering requirements and will go to your cash balance.” The casino allows you to withdraw your earnings with this bonus.
Tips to Maximize Winnings Regardless of Bonus Type
Whether you choose a sticky or non-sticky bonus, there will always be ways to maximise your winnings and excel in online casino games.
Here are some of our recommended strategies that you can implement to get the most out of casino games using casino promotions, whether the given bonus is sticky or non-sticky:
- Choose Smaller Jackpots: Many jackpot slot games pay users by hour or day. Instead of going for the biggest jackpots that do not guarantee big payoffs, keep an open mind and opt for smaller ones.
- Keep a Reasonable Budget: Managing your bankroll is crucial in gambling. You should have a strategy to manage your money and not go overboard.
- Go for Smaller Odds: It might not be easy to resist the temptation of going for considerable odds, but truth be told, in the long run, going for smaller odds is more likely to benefit you.
- Use a Time and Money Management Strategy: You must manage your time and budget while playing online casinos. Playing for long durations comes with the risk of getting carried away and losing a significant chunk of money.
- Play Free Games First: This is something that we have recommended before as well. It might not be very appealing, but going for free games before you start playing with real money goes a long way in building up your experience and makes you better at the games. Free spins no deposit bonuses are the best way to do this, or you can always try the demo versions of your preferred pokies.
OnlineCasinos365’s Choice – Sticky vs Cashable?
We believe that choosing between sticky and non-sticky bonuses comes down to your preferences and experience with online gambling. If you are new to online casinos and want to have a decent bankroll while you cash out, go for cashable bonuses.
But if you are an experienced punter, then you should hold out for the high rewards of sticky bonuses.