How to Deal With a Casino Dispute Properly?
The allure of big winnings often convinces gamblers to enter online gaming without fully understanding the rules, including the rights and responsibilities. Do you think this often provokes a dispute? Sure it does, and we will show you the exact steps you need to follow to avoid such conflicts.
- Getting to the Bottom of the Disagreement
- What are the Main Reasons for a Dispute to Incur?
- Dealing With Gaming Disputes – Better Safe Than Sorry
Getting to the Bottom of the Disagreement
For sure, all of us have heard stories or seen movies about people who lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, but only a few understand online gambling sites. Our job is to recommend and review the best online casinos in New Zealand that ensure a secure customer experience.
Whether we’re talking about glitches in slots, delayed withdrawals, long-time payouts, or misleading bonus terms – these are some main reasons for a conflict between players and casinos. Managing these types of disputes is vital to having a successful gameplay. Here are some critical steps you need to follow to handle online casino disputes like a pro.
Step 1: Thoroughly read the terms and conditions
The best way to get information from the casino is to carefully read the terms and conditions before deciding to play with real money. We have prepared a complete guide for you to know what to pay attention to when accessing this tab on a casino’s site. Get familiar with these terms and learn more about your rights and responsibilities before playing casino games.
Step 2: Avoid losing your temper and gather information
At OnlineCasino365, you will find a thorough list of real money casinos with all the casino reviews our team of experts has written.
When losing money, any player can have a hard time handling the situation. Rushing to conclusions will only make it more difficult to analyze the facts. Take things calmly and find an amicable approach to deal with the situation.
- Try contacting the customer support team through live chat, phone, and email. If they respond in a reasonable amount of time, explain the issue to them and see how they can help. In case you are still waiting to hear back from them, you should take further action.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity from the casino’s site, make sure you save conversations and make screenshots.
- Also, you should seek payment information from your bank or credit card provider and keep detailed records to provide evidence if you need it.
Step 3: Seek mediation from third parties
If you believe your complaints still need to be solved or there are communication issues, you can contact the regulatory body as a third-party mediation solution. Naturally, all NZ casinos from our site are licensees, some of whom have an excellent reputation for being a safe and secure gaming environment, such as FreeSpino Casino.
In New Zealand, you can always reach out to the following regulator authorities:
|Name of the licensing authority||Contact Options|
|UK Gambling Commission (UKGC)||+44 121 230 6666|
|Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)||+356 2546 9000|
|Swedish Gambling Authority||+46 (0)152-650 100|
|Danish Gambling Authority||[email protected]|
You will find details if the casino is licensed at the bottom of the casino’s main page and/or in the Terms and Conditions.
Moreover, some gambling operators have their games tested by agencies you will find on the site. In this case, you can submit your complaint to them:
- iTech Labs: infoATitechlabs.com
- eCOGRA: [email protected]
- Gaming Laboratories International: +1-732-942-3999.
Step 4: Getting legal help – a last-resort solution
In rare situations, when the casino fails to deliver prompt answers and solutions, you can escalate the complaint and decide to file a complaint after consulting with a legal professional specializing in online gambling issues.
What are the Main Reasons for a Dispute to Incur?
Various factors can lead to online casino disputes, including misunderstandings and disagreements between players and casinos. Some typical reasons for these misunderstandings are:
As hard as we try to reach perfection, sometimes we encounter technical difficulties that can affect our activity. This is the case when a casino’s site has technical glitches, and players believe they bet in vain without getting the expected outcome.
Some NZ players might have login or application downloading issues besides game interruptions. Such disruptions can result in disputes, especially those searching for and expecting casino rewards.
Account Verification and Closure
When joining a NZ online casino, every player has to provide proof of address, proof of payment, and lastly, proof of ID. If they are unable to attach proper documentation, they cannot register or, in some cases, cannot withdraw their winnings, resulting in a conflict.
The reason why casinos are strict with the KYC process and document verification is to check the player’s identity and prevent defraud. Some players can try to create multiple accounts, use fake identities and different IP addresses, or access the site even if it’s unauthorized for minors. Could it have repercussions? For sure! One casino can discover if the terms were not followed and prevent the activity on the site.
Bonus Policy and Playthrough Requirements
Understanding the bonus terms is a critical factor influencing your gaming experience on the site. Some players might want to claim no deposit free spins or no deposit bonuses. In any situation related to rewards, our crew of experts wrote a complete guide on how you can read and understand the bonus terms.
Once you read it, you will have a complete overview of the wagering requirements, minimum and maximum bets, or the restricted games.
Promotion and bonus abuse
For example, some players might exploit the casino’s bonuses by creating multiple user accounts or not respecting the terms. In 97% of the cases, the operator discovers the scheme, and disputes will arise. Why not have a fair-play attitude and avoid such disagreements?
Another essential aspect that NZ casinos mention in their T&C is the banking options. Players should pay attention to the payment providers accepted on deposits and withdrawals and raise concerns.
Some misunderstandings can be related to:
- Withdrawal delays: pay attention to the casino’s payout time and talk to customer support if they delay your winnings. Some sites can accept Poli payments, but others can have Skrill payments.
- Additional fees or currency conversion: check the T&C carefully to see if the operator applies transactional or administrative costs. Also, keep in mind that if you’re not using NZD, you should expect a currency conversion, which can affect your deposit or withdrawal amount.
- Use your card: do not try to cash out the winnings with someone else’s credit card when you deposit, and use your card issuer provider
- Complete the playthrough: unless you understand and comply with the wagering conditions, the casino will not process your winnings.
Responsible gaming concerns
Most of the top casinos have responsible gaming tools. If you feel that the site does not respect your choices – you cannot access your online casino account or set responsible gaming limits – this will result in a dispute.
Dealing With Gaming Disputes – Better Safe Than Sorry
We like our players to stay informed and know what to do in the likelihood of a misunderstanding. Once you join online gaming companies, you have to be aware of some key aspects:
- Do your research and only join a licensed and legitimate casino
- Get a complete understanding of the Terms and Conditions
- If casinos make unjustified bonus changes, and one operator refuses to pay your winnings, or you cannot solve the conflicts with the customer support team – escalate the issue to gambling authorities
- Be respectful to the other players and the customer support team
- Play responsibly by implementing the tools on your account.